The HIV/AIDS Coordinating Committee (HACC) is a network of 124 local and international civil society organizations (CSO) working on HIV/AIDS and related social health issues in Cambodia. Established in 1993 as a forum to enhance information and experience sharing, HACC has over 19 years coordination, information sharing, advocacy and awareness raising experience.
All people in Cambodia live in an HIV and AIDS resilient society healthier and longer where a strong CSO network responding to HIV and AIDS prevention, care, support, treatment, impact alleviation and to its underlying determinants.
Respond to national HIV and AIDS response through representative voice and participation of our HIV and AIDS CSOs; empowerment of our members and engagement with government, partners, affected and vulnerable populations and stakeholders across levels and sectors.
Our Work is guided by the following values:
- Protect, promote and respect the rights of people living with HIV and AIDS and of MARPs.
- Promote the involvement of HIV and AIDS NGO, people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS and MARPs at all levels of the response.
- Be neutral and not involved in politics.
- Respect national laws, policies and guidelines.
- Be transparent and accountable in all decisions and actions.
- Not discriminate on the basis of gender, HIV status, race or religious affiliation.
- Not profit from the work of the organization.
OUR OVERALL GOALS
Support HIV AIDS CSOs to support national HIV/AIDS response through leading a representative voice, advocacy, coordination and networking at all levels and strengthening their capacities for addressing the gaps, unmet-needs, stigma, discrimination, vulnerabilities, human rights, cross-cutting issues and the underlying determinants of HIV/AIDS and development.
HOW WE WORK
- Advocacy & Representation: Lead and organize issue specific representation; representative voice and evidence-based advocacy at all levels through evidence generation, compilation, documentation and dissemination together with and on behalf of HIV and AIDS CSOs.
- Coordination, Communications & Networking: Lead and to strengthen effective communication, information sharing and networking among members; with partners and stakeholders at all levels for coordinated and effective CSO response to HIV and AIDS.
- Capacity Building: Address the gaps; unmet-needs; stigma; discrimination; vulnerabilities; human rights of PLHIVs, MARPs and OVC through building capacities, empowering and technically supporting HIV and AIDS CSOs in need.
- Organizational Development: Strengthen HACC leadership; capacities; organization and resources to deliver our three key strategies.